We are in a very densely populated sheep area so our vets are very experienced with sheep medicine and practical procedures.
- Lambing advice and assistance with problem lambings including caesarean sections.
- Blood sampling – MV, trace elements, sheep scab etc.
- Ram Fertility Exam – pre-tupping examination of rams including semen evaluation and assessment.
- Ram Vesectomy Surgery
- Abortion Investigation
- In House Worm egg counts and advice
- Flock Health Plans
- Medicines and Vaccinations competitively priced
- Lameness Advice including on-farm investigations and up-to-date information on current research and advice.
- Post-mortem Investigations and diagnostic sampling.
**Sheep Scab Blood Test**
A new blood test is available which detects the presence of animals’ antibodies to Sheep Scab. These antibodies are picked up before sheep start to show any clinical signs of itching or wool-loss. An ideal test to use when buying in replacements or to monitor treatment and for early detection of disease before it becomes a major problem. Costs around £8.75 per sample (plus VAT) and it is recommended that a representative number of samples are taken e.g. 6 in a flock of 200. Please enquire for further information.