Pet Travel to the EU 2021

From the 1st January 2021 Great Britain will become a Part 2 Listed third country under the EU Pet Travel Scheme.

The current EU passport will not be valid for travel to the EU or NI from this date.

An animal health certificate (AHC) will be needed instead which you may obtain from us no more than 10days before travel.

Your animal must be microchipped.
Your animal must be vaccinated against rabies.
Your animal must he over 12 weeks old
You must wait 21 days after the primary rabies vaccination before travel.

You must make an appointment to visit us with your animal no more than 10 days before travel for an AHC to be issued.

The new documents are lengthier to complete so please allow enough time before travel and book appointments in advance to ensure we have time to see your pet before travel.
The new AHC is valid for a single trip to the EU and onward travel or reentry to Great Britain for 4months.
Only some of our vets have the correct certification to complete PET Travel documents so make sure you plan in advance.

We appreciate the transition period has been tricky to navigate in travelling with your pets so thank you for your patience at this time🇬🇧

Any queries with regards to pet travel do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email to discuss individual queries.
Many thanks
Bishops Castle Vets